Monday, June 30, 2014

Epson LQ-2550 interpreter

I wanted to generate some epson dot matrix color output in linux but it was much harder than I planned. For one thing, CUPS didn't want to let me output to a file. So I had to edit /etc/cups/cups-files.conf, adding the line "FileDevice Yes". Then I could set a destination device of "file:///home/knoppix/file_print_output.bin".


The drivers don't seem to want to make color output for most of the epson printers. However, I was able to find a couple of printers that would generate color with the epsonc driver. The Epson LQ-2550 and the Fujitsu 2400 or Fujitsu 3400. I wrote an interpreter that would render the printer test page as a proof of concept. It is by no means complete as it only implements just enough ESC codes to work.













Epson LQ-2550 Javascript Interpreter

No comments:

Post a Comment