Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Vizio M320SL

I got a TV the other day, a Vizio M320SL. It's not bad. I was trying to see how it works as a monitor and it works pretty well, except that it has that property where the brightness varies by the viewer's angle. So if you sit right in the very middle about arm's length, the brightness will vary and the edges of the monitor will look dark. It's kind of a weird effect.

Also it won't come out of standby. I figured out that if I turn the TV on, wait until it'll display "HDMI" on the on screen display, then move my mouse to wake up my ubuntu system out of standby, the computer will recognize that the monitor's there. Otherwise, I have to bring up the display settings to "reenable" the monitor.

Interestingly, the monitor has an owner's manual built-in. That's pretty cool.


I wanted to test it and found these neat online tools to calibrate your monitor.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-online-tools-calibrate-monitor/

My particular favorite of the group is http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

No comments:

Post a Comment