Wednesday, June 28, 2017

PT-20 and DYMO tape

One of the things that made me do a double take was that the PT-20 had a TC cartridge that was labeled DYMO.

Apparently, there was a DYMO 3000 that used brother TC tape.

Here's the cartridge that was in my PT-20 with the DYMO brand.




And the dymo 3000 (pictures I found on the internet)



You can see that the locking lever mechanism (the orange lever) looks identical.


The dial of the Dymo looks very similar to the PT-6.





Note that they both have 9 buttons in a 3x3 grid along with a dial wheel.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just aquired a Dymo 3000, with a Brother tape cartridge in it :-)

    Info on the Dymo 3000 is very scarse, thanks to your blog I have found a manual for the Brother PT20, which taught me some nice tricks.

    Due to your blog I found out that code+enter prints out a demo tape. Haven't been able to find any other "hidden" features though.

    Do you have any font cartridges? I have only been able to find mentions of the Lori PS font cartridge for sale on Amazon, but won't ship to the NL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those font cartridges are really rare. I've never actually seen one except for the one on sale at Amazon. I'd like to find one someday.

    There's a manual for the PT-6 which should be pretty close to the Dymo 3000.

    http://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/Content/en-US/PTouch/Consumer/UsersManual/UM_PT_6_EN_165.PDF


    In the manual, they show samples of Lori PS (which looks like Helvetica) and Anelia PS (which looks like Times New Roman).

    ReplyDelete