Thursday, August 24, 2017

Getting 80 column BASIC listing on apple2e

So I was disappointed that I could only get a 40 column wide printout from my basic listing, so I tried PR#3 to activate the 80 column card but once you activate the printer with PR#1, that brings it back to 40 columns.

Thinking about it, I remembered that Beagle's Double-take would let me do listings in any column width.

Launching mame with the double take floppy:

./mame64 apple2e -sl1 ssc -sl1:ssc:ssc_rs232 printer -printout myprintfile8.bin -flop1 Double\ Take.zip












Booting double-take and then

CTRL+F shift+1 /80 will get you 80 columns
CTRL+F shift+1 /255 will get you 255 columns

Interestingly, mame's -printout function won't wipe out your previous printout file if it has the same name, it just overwrites the data in the existing file.




No comments:

Post a Comment