Sunday, December 17, 2017

So many tabs and finding the one where you just were

I open a LOT of tabs in firefox. Sometimes it gets confusing to find the tab you were just using. Where is it? Where did it go?

For example, I click on new tab and my new tab opens on the far right of all of my tabs, and the one I was just using scrolls off the visible screen.

It'd be really slick to have a way to find your most recently used tabs, like under the history menu where you've got Recently Closed Tabs menu, just have a Recently Used Tabs menu.

Or a right+click on the List All Tabs button would give you the tabs sorted in order of last use.

Maybe an "about:recent" page.

ALT+TAB will get you to your most recently used window, but CTRL+TAB in firefox goes to the next tab, CTRL+SHIFT+TAB previous tab, not the most recently used tab.


I'm lost in the forest without a trail of breadcrumbs...

===============

A couple of other things that would be useful:

The mini-history in the back button (right click on the back arrow button) only shows you 15 entries, why not give me the option of displaying as many entries as will display on my screen by clicking on a down arrow or something. Scrollable, perhaps.


Also, a quick way to find out which windows are playing videos/sounds would be nice. "About:videos" with maybe an option to stop them all. Or just a menu option "Stop all videos".

================

The latest version of firefox have been auto-repeating my typing when the cpu gets hung up. So I get a lot of exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtraaaaaaa characters sometimes while typing in the location box.

==================


My latest firefox discovery: The about:about page.

No comments:

Post a Comment