Sunday, April 22, 2018

Missile Command Arcade for the Atari 2600


This is the coolest thing I've seen for a while.

Yes it dates back over a decade to 2005, but it's the first I've heard of it.

Nukey Shay made a hack of 2600 missile command that makes it very arcade like. Absolutely brilliant.

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to play it in mame.

The fire button is set to pause. What? No missile launching?


It took me awhile to realize that you launch the missiles with the second joystick controller. But in order to do that you have to enable the second joystick in mame.


./mame64 a2600 -cart MCarcade.bin -joyport2 joy


and for my setup the DFG keys are the joystick 2 directions and they launch the missiles.


http://atariage.com/forums/topic/71805-missile-command-arcade/

No comments:

Post a Comment