Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Soundbar is so irritating

So I got a soundbar for my TV. It sounds great with deep sound, but it's kind of irritating too.

Sometimes I don't want the "full" sound experience, (like late at night) so I'll switch to TV speakers only.

It doesn't pass through the HDMI signal through unless I have the sound bar turned on and select HDMI on the sound bar.

So I'll have to turn it on, and then switch to TV SPK.

If I accidentally hit the channel change on the TV, then it switches the soundbar automatically to DIGITAL IN. So then you've got to switch the soundbar back to HDMI, and it takes a few seconds for the TV to lock on to the HDMI, then switch back to TV SPK.

When using the soundbar's DIGITAL IN, if you haven't got the TV speakers muted, there's a slight delay in the sound so you get that weird sound effect of multiple tvs on (like you're watching all the TVs at the target store). If I could just have a slight video delay on the TV to get things to match perfectly... You can add audio delay at the soundbar but that just makes the delay worse.

There's just too much switching and fiddling around. It's almost so irritating that I'm feel like pulling the sound bar. I just want everything simple. You turn it on, it works. And it's perfectly in sync.


It doesn't sound like much, just pressing a couple of buttons. It's the 100th time you do it and you wonder why it just doesn't work seamlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment