Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Some Ubuntu resume weirdness, lose mouse, sound



For some reason, I keep losing my mouse on resume. I can unplug it from the top of my keyboard and then plug it in and it will come back. I've also noticed that it will come back properly if I keep moving the mouse during the resume process, until the screen comes back and I can see the mouse moving. What's weird when it happens is that the scroll wheel works, but I can't move the mouse at all until doing an unplug/replug cycle.


Also sometimes I will lose my sound which is pretty irritating.



https://superuser.com/questions/845645/pulseaudio-how-to-rescan-audio-devices



https://askubuntu.com/questions/517578/no-sound-after-suspend-standby


This command will re-detect the sound devices:


pacmd unload-module module-udev-detect && pacmd load-module module-udev-detect



Also you can ask alsa to force reload itself, just doing sudo alsa force-reload didn't bring my sound back, I also had to do the pacmd unload-module module-udev-detect && pacmd load-module module-udev-detect.



sudo alsa force-reload
cat /proc/asound/cards
pacmd list-sinks
pacmd unload-module module-udev-detect && pacmd load-module module-udev-detect
pacmd list-sinks

No comments:

Post a Comment