Thursday, September 15, 2016

Logitech revue is a nice doorstop

So I got this neat looking Logitech revue, and plugging it in and going through the initial setup, it just waits at the "Downloading update" screen forever.

It says to wait 10-15 minutes, but I waited for about 5 hours and I don't think it's going to do anything.

If I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL it reboots but it just gets hung up again at "Downloading update."


I guess that's the wave of the future, where products get orphaned and disowned by their creators after a couple of years.


So it's about as good as a doorstop. A really nice looking shiny gloss black doorstop.

I suppose that I could reuse the K700 keyboard as it's got the logitech unifying symbol on it.

edit:

I found another Logitech Revue and it apparently had already been set up previously and it had no problem running. All I really wanted to do was to see well how the web browser worked. It's a bit slow, but that's to be expected. I'd say it's about on par with the built-in browser in an LG smart TV. It'll play youtube in the browser but it takes a bit of time to get it playing.

I downloaded an mp4 video and the built-in media player would play it well.

A real shame to abandon such a cute little device.

No comments:

Post a Comment