Saturday, January 25, 2020

Tools key brings up settings in Ubuntu 19.10

One of the things I really liked to do was to set up my keyboard's Tools Key to put the computer into suspend. On my dell keyboard (y-uk-del1), the Tools key is a special key that has a little Music Symbol on it.

But after upgrading to Ubuntu 19.10 the Tools key will now bring up the settings window. So what to do?

All I had to do was to set the shortcut to Super+Tools which did the trick, or find another key to do it. There's a special "Home Page" key on the function row that works as well.


I wanted them both to do the suspend action but you can only assign a single shortcut key, so why not create two custom shortcuts, one for each key.





Also I discovered that you can put the computer into suspend by holding down the mouse button over the power button in the System Menu. Then the power button changes into a pause symbol. Holding down alt also works to choose suspend instead of power off.

No comments:

Post a Comment