Monday, February 29, 2016

Trying out the Targus ACP70USZ

I got my hands on a targus docking station that's USB 3.0 and I thought I'd give it a go with Ubuntu 14.04. Since I installed the drivers from displaylink already, it was detected upon first plug in and works great. What's cool is that it supports dual monitors, both DVI and HDMI. Nice. Now if my Optiplex 760 supported USB 3.0 I would really be flying, but it's only USB 2.0.

I still get a few odd quirks with the displaylink thing, like my Toshiba TV on the HDMI disappeared and I had to fiddle to get it to come back up. Having 4 monitors, 2 on the integrated graphics, and 2 on the targus acp70usz is awesome. I think that multimonitor on linux is like the Holy Grail, especially anything more than dual monitors.


edit: I tried it out with another hdmi device, and it's running fine for about 10 minutes with firefox, then boom the screen goes blank. The system doesn't crash, it just goes blank. Weird.



http://targus.com/form/download.aspx?region=7&sku=ACP70USZ


No comments:

Post a Comment