Sunday, February 14, 2016

Xfinity DC50Xu keeps going nonresponsive

So I leave the Pace DC50Xu DTA overnight, and in the morning it won't respond to the remote.

I figured out that if I hit the red power button in the upper left and change the channel while the OSD is on, that it becomes responsive again.

That is the worst designed piece of equipment ever...

Xfinity rolled out an online TV guide function and it's been horribly irritating to me. Now the keypad has a different meaning than 123456789. While the OSD is active, 2 4 6 8 are up left right and down, with 5 being OK. The most frustrating thing is that I want to type another number immediately but it thinks I want to move the cursor instead.

If only the INFO button would take you out of the OSD. It'd be nice to use the INFO button as an "escape key".

The channel LAST button will take you out of the OSD, but it tells you what the current channel is and leaves the OSD open for a few more seconds.

The 5 second OSD delay just destroys the user's "illusion of control". Looking closer in the setup menu, you can disable the "Smart Bar" OSD or set the delay to 5, 7 or 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment