Monday, November 9, 2015

Wargames PC 1998

I remember this old PC RTS strategy game from 1998. It's kind of obscure but I really liked it years ago. It didn't age well, and the 3d graphics look clunky now. To save cpu resources the infantry are sprites instead of 3d.

It did have its charm and some of the levels were pretty clever. There was one mission I recall where I didn't bother to listen to the briefing. Not knowing what I was supposed to do I figured that I'd try to build up my base and defend it. After failing miserably a few times, I found out that I had to get my forces on the move.

It's also notable for being the only game I ever bought that came with a virus on the cd. The program that registers you is infected. If you never run the registration program, the virus will never bother you. I don't think I've ever registered a game anyway.


http://www.ign.com/articles/1998/08/14/wargames-plagued-by-virus


No comments:

Post a Comment