Sunday, July 17, 2016

I miss the old computer magazines

I remember how much I used to enjoy the old computer magazines. I'd always make a bee line for the magazine section of the book store for the latest issues.

I'd read each issue from cover to cover, looking at each and every page, drooling over all of the new hardware and software that I didn't have. I'd type in the programs to see what they'd do. I can't remember exactly which magazine, but they'd have a short two liner basic program that was called "So what did you expect?".

I miss Softalk, Nibble, Compute!, inCider, .info, Creative Computing, BYTE, Amazing Computing, AmigaWorld, Amiga Transactor, Electronic Games, Electronic Fun with Computers and Games, Videogaming Illustrated, PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, C+VG and a bunch of others. I especially liked the imported Brit magazines.

I loved to read stuff like "Roomers by the Bandito".

Sadly, I've gotten rid of virtually all of them over the years. It's cool that you can find a lot of these online now.

No comments:

Post a Comment