Thursday, February 2, 2017

P-touch PT-700 flash drive

I got one of these P-touch PT-700 TZe label printers and just for fun thought I'd see what knoppix thinks of it.



It's got a 4MB flash drive built-in to it that contains the PTLite editor app for both mac and windows.

Let's see what dmesg registers:



Hmmmm. It seems to think that the flash drive size goes past the EOD end of device.





fdisk -l says that the size of the device is 8161 sectors but the partition starts at sector 32 and is 8160 sectors in size, for 8192.



There's a big PTBLANK.BIN file on the drive that takes up the free space that isn't occupied by the application. Interestingly, you can write to the flash drive.

I never liked anything autorunning so maybe I'll get rid of the AUTORUN.INF. I'd rather use the full PTouch editor application anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment