Friday, June 9, 2017

INFO mode on PT-2600

So I got a PT-2600 and was fiddling about with INFO mode.

First hold down CODE+R while hitting power and that should reset the unit.
Turn it off, then hold down CODE+K while hitting Power and you should get into INFO mode.

So if you hit 0 you get into a mode where it says "KEY CODE". I couldn't figure out what this was all about, it wants some key number, but after typing 2600 (for the PT-2600, get it?) it then shows me the current serial number(which matches the number on the back of the unit) and allows me to set the serial number. I think that this must be where it will set the serial number for when you hook it up to a USB port.

I've successfully entered a new serial number, then Enter and it says OK. Power off, code+k + power and 0 then 2600 and I can see my new serial number.

(on my PT-1950, I tried 1950 for the KEY CODE and it worked to bring up the serial number)


Also there's an adjustment setting (though I have no idea what I'm adjusting)

If you hit H it will say "Adjust +- 0mm"

If you hit left arrow 4 this will change to "Adjust - 2.0mm"

If you hit right arrow 9 this will change to "Adjust + 4.5mm"

and if you hit 0 this will change to "Adjust +- 0mm"


So you can adjust "something" from -2.0 to +4.5mm in half mm increments.





No comments:

Post a Comment