Sunday, April 24, 2016

Cable modem died...

One of the reasons I haven't been posting stuff for a few days is that my cable modem died. It was an old terayon and it died. All the leds are lit and it does nothing. Comcast/Xfinity has been bugging me to go docsis 3.0 for quite a while and I have a Netgear CMD31T so I put that on. So far, it works well but the lights on the front aren't lit up like they should be?

When I first plugged it in, I had two green download led lights (which is supposed to be 4 channels), then it went to 1 amber led (which is supposed to be 1 channel) and now there are no download lights.

But it works, and I get around 20Mbps down and 6Mbps up according to speedtest.net. (Is that good?)

I guess it's ok as long as it's working. But I like my green lights... where did they go?

http://beta.speedtest.net

No comments:

Post a Comment