Friday, April 8, 2016

HP 5740 - paper mismatch error with 4x6 photo tray

So I've got a new hp 5740 and I've hooked it up to my Ubuntu 14.04 box. Trying to set up the printer was a little hard. I had to download the latest linux drivers from the hp website, and after installing them I could select the hp 5740. The Hp 5600 driver didn't work at all giving me a lot of wasted paper with funny characters on it.

I have a box of Premium HP Photo Paper and the photo tray isn't big enough for the "4x6 plus perforated tab" paper. Whaaat?

The driver/printer synergy doesn't work. I choose HP photo paper in the dialog and it puts up a big red ! and says the settings conflict? Seriously?

Then after choosing 10x15 photo the printer goes "Paper size mismatch detected". It doesn't tell me what paper size it's detected or what the size is that I've requested. I've chosen all of the "right settings", this should work.


Oh my goodness I want to break something right now.


edit:

Hmmm. Using Gimp seems to work with printing to photo paper, but using Firefox doesn't print to photo paper. Weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment