Thursday, June 30, 2016

I always wanted a text mode on an Amiga

I guess it's because I grew up on an Apple II that I wished that the Amiga had a text mode.

Commodore had all of those mos 8563/8568 80 column graphic chips that they used on the c128. Why couldn't they slap one of those on a Zorro bus so you could do some dual monitor action? It would have been sweet to do debugging like you could do on a Monochrome Adapter on an IBM.

If you had a text mode video add-on, why not a multiuser system with another keyboard, for instance.

I always lamented the speed of the slow graphical text drawing and scrolling when compared with pure text mode.

Just an idea that I was thinking about.

Remember those wacky XEP80 80 column boxes on the Atari 800 that plugged into the cartridge port?

No comments:

Post a Comment