Friday, May 22, 2015

Gateway Anykey keyboard and KVM switch

I like to use more than one computer and switch between them with my KVM switch. It uses ScrollLock ScrollLock UpArrow to switch from one port to another. So I thought, it'd sure be nice to have a keyboard that was designed specifically to do the KVM switching. Then I remembered an old PS/2 Gateway Anykey Keyboard that I had which could be programmed with macros. After scanning the internet for instructions on how to program the Anykey. (Ctrl+program_macro, f9 scroll scroll up program_macro) I got the F9 key in the lower left programmed for Scroll,Scroll,Up and ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom it works!

I'm surprised someone hasn't dissected these Anykey keyboards and figured out how to program them with software on a computer. There were some DOS programs from Gateway that could download the anykey macros and restore them from a file.

No comments:

Post a Comment