Sunday, May 17, 2015

My philosophy on driving

My philosophy on driving is this: I don't like hard starts or hard stops. I feel that if you're starting hard or stopping hard, you're doing it wrong. Smooth is better.

One of the things I hate is to have to slam on my brakes. If I exceed the speed limit, when I hit a yellow light I have to hit the brakes really hard. So I prefer to go the speed limit. And my passengers appreciate it.

I have precious cargo in my car: my family. It's my responsibility as driver to get to our destination safely. I try to reduce risk by not taking unnecessary risks. I'd rather be patient than have an accident. Safety is the number one priority.

It's often little things that make the difference, like pausing for a second after the light turns green and looking left before you enter the intersection. I've nearly been wiped out by cross traffic coming through late. If I'd jumped out I would've been T-Boned. You never know when it's coming.

You really remove your margin for error when you drive aggressively. It's just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment