Thursday, April 23, 2015

Calendar Reform

Calendar Reform.

It never made sense to me that we've got different calendars for every year. Why not just have a single calendar that starts a year on the same day?

Leave it to the Romans to make a wacky short month (February) so that the first half of the year has 181 days and the second half has 184.

30 days hath September, April, June and November. (9, 4, 6, 11) and all the rest have 31 except for February.

One of the first tests of the United Nations was to study the problem and give up on it back in 1957.

I kind of liked the 13 month calendar, which was adopted by George Eastman for Eastman Kodak.

What to do with all of those pesky remainder days. Maybe in the future they'll be able to change the Earth's orbit to make it exactly 360 days.

Oh well, in the meantime I guess I'll have to keep buying calendars...and working on my Rain Man skills. 10 minutes to Wapner!

No comments:

Post a Comment