Sunday, April 26, 2015

I want a silent remote workstation

I hate fan noise. I want a workstation that has a remote module that gives me my display and keyboard allowing the main computer system to be somewhere else (like in the basement.)

There's something great about a perfectly quiet workspace.

And a remote station over ethernet so I could have a remote station in different rooms all connected to the same main system.

And without any compromises regarding video resolution, speed and quality.

I remember these old black IBM Aptivas that had a separate module from the main computer that housed the CD, floppy, and monitor outputs. I think they called it the "IBM Aptiva Media Console."

Something like that over ethernet, and fairly cheap (<$100). Maybe something like the Ncomputing L300.


Or something like these KVM Extenders from Aten: http://www.aten-usa.com/KVM-Extender.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment