Sunday, April 19, 2015

Knoppix 7.5 in the April Linux Pro Magazine

Yay! Finally got the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine with Knoppix 7.5. I really like Knoppix because it's rather lightweight. You don't have to install it, you can run it from a DVD-ROM drive as it's a Live DVD. My favorite thing to do is to copy the DVD to an ISO, then copy the ISO image file to a flash drive, boot the live DVD and switch to the flash iso with this command line:

knoppix64 bootfrom=knoppix75image.iso

It's really awesome as it includes a full spectrum of programs.

I just get a Dell Optiplex 745 with 4GB of ram, boot knoppix and I'm off to the races.

Knoppix gets a new version about every 6 months and it's like getting a shiny new OS. I always buy the issues of Linux Pro with knoppix in them.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2015/173

No comments:

Post a Comment