Monday, April 27, 2015

Why doesn't everyone drive on the right?

According to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic, 65 percent of the world's population drive on the right hand side, and 35 percent drive on the left.

I reckon that if there's a way to do something different, people will do it.

I remember some of the old PCs had floppy drive cables that were backwards. I got an old PC once and was trying to reuse the floppy drive and killed the drive because I plugged it in backwards.

I suppose there's reasons why they drive on the left, probably to protect the local car industry.

What's kind of interesting is that it seems logical to walk on the right side of the sidewalk as well if you drive on the right side. Maybe it has something to do with people being right handed? I always thought it was easier to make a right hand basketball layup approaching from the right side of the basket.



No comments:

Post a Comment